If you’re in the process of creating a website, one of your top priorities is to write attractive and compelling content for your site. As you know websites play a significant role in the growth and success of businesses. Websites are particularly important to a business’ online strategy. For some businesses, a website is crucial for reaching and attracting new audiences as the websites give the first impression of a business or brand.
A website is your digital store front
A website can be compared to a physical store front, that which visitors see before they enter the store and that determines whether a visitor will enter the store or not. A website is the online “store front” of a business and therefore must be very appealing and attractive. However, having a website alone will not work the magic it is crucial that a website is well designed, optimized and contains enticing content. Visitors must be enticed by websites which will lead them to eventually inquire more about your products and services
Capturing readers’ interests with good website content can be really challenging. Most visitors will spend just a few seconds on a web page before deciding what to do next. Good website writing is the key to beating these odds. Well-written content that’s optimized for the web rises to the top of search results and holds readers’ attention. With the world today as we know it a lot of shopping happens online, so for businesses to continue to attract more potential customers and customers it is imperative to keep a well-designed and easy to navigate website.
The most frequently asked question regarding websites is the following: How can I improve my website content for better results? The answer to this question is not straightforward as all businesses have different goals and objectives for their websites. There are also differences in the types of business as well as industries that are to be considered in answering this question. However, there are some common factors in website design that are important for all businesses. When it comes to websites first impressions really do count. Read more here on how websites creates first impressions on your customers.
Here are a few content tips to reel in visitors:
- Keep content updated. It is imperative to update content all the time. Keep content fresh and current so that visitors do not enquire about products or services that are no longer in your business. It does not necessarily mean you should create completely new content, it simply means that the content on your website should be in line with your current offerings to eliminate any confusion.
- Have a clear call to action. The purpose of a website is to get leads which will at a later stage covert to customers. Placing a call to action such as “Get a quote,” “Get in touch,” “Sign up,” “Join us” throughout your website is essential is capturing visitors to turn into leads. The call to action is a key element of a website as it instructs the user what to do next. Having the call to action on every page of the website is good because no matter what page a visitor is on, they will always be one click away from becoming a potential customer. There can also be multiple call to actions on the different web pages according to multiple desired actions for the user to take.
- Include video content to improve engagement. Video content can be one of the best ways to drive engagement improvement. It is also a fantastic way to highlight expertise and diversity in knowledge in an attention-grabbing manner. Video content is easy for visitors consume, as reading gets a bit tedious and visitors are not always up for reading long paragraphs of information. It also has the ability to reduce website bounce rates and increase average time spent on website.
- Eliminate distractions. Some of the content on websites are going to take away from the key message which you are trying to convey to visitors. Confusing animations, long content, too many stocky images, too many assorted colors, many different types of font families and sizes are just a few examples. The content of your website should not be complicated and confusing. Your website should have a flow and be cohesive so that the visitor can follow through with minimal to no distractions. Establish where you want visitors to go through and have content distributed in an easy flow manner. Visitors do not have much time so the flow of the website should grab their attention in the first few seconds.
- Use the right words. Make sure your website is clear enough and straight to the point. The last thing you want is for a visitor to have to make sense of website copy when they are urgently looking for something on your website. Your copy should point visitors to taking an action whether they are looking for information about a product or enquiring about a service.
- Adopting to mobile first mindset is a must. In recent years including 2021 consumers use their mobile for just about anything. From visiting websites, to making purchases and making payments just to mention a few. Therefore, your website needs to be completely mobile friendly and responsive and accessible and well-designed for mobile usage. Failure to do this and maintain it could result in not getting website visitors let alone make any conversions.
If you would like to spice up your website content, there has never been a better time than now. Get in contact and we will surely help you with everything you need in terms of your website. You can also contact us for more tips like these and for a free website evaluation.
Marketing@hublink.co.za 010 040 8330